When it happens...
Say, oh beloved friend of mine, will you not share a moment with me?
Bathed together in the early light of dawn, under the green canopy?
And together, merrily listening to tunes sung by distant, familiar birds,
While sharing in unbroken silence, the warmth of unspoken words?
Would that not, oh love of my life, be the best of moments all,
To feel the unshattered bond, that unites us in winter, spring and fall?
Will you not treasure that second, and value its unsaid worth,
When its intoxicating elixir shall fill us with its mirth?
Long before your whispers reach my eagerly waiting soul,
Your gaze shall reveal to me your answer in its whole,
And then shall I welcome the pure, serene aura called love,
Showered down on me, from some unknown heaven above.
Under cold, green shadow of a dew-soaked, green tree,
Your hair caressed by the same breeze that'll make my spirit free,
I'll stand still, for eons, ages, years... I know not,
Because your silent affirmation shall then occupy my every thought.
- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:
Post a Comment