Thursday, 17 December 2015

My lost love...


My lost love...



O say, my love forever lost,
To a country of ice and frost,
Why did you not remain with me?
To wipe my tears, to lessen my agony?

You were the fairest of all my dreams,
Purer and serener than moon's mystic beams,
Yet as I woke up from my sleep,
I found you not, amid my gloomy weep.

Say, why did you reply to my glimpse,
My humble verses and my unsung hymns?
Why do you leave me now, in loneliness drowned,
To stay alone, amidst this sorrow profound?

Fair lady, fairer that the face of the moon,
Bringer of peace and Serenity's boon,
Wherever you are, be happy and strong,
With or without me, entire life long. 

Alone I count the stars in the black,
Looking forward to the day you'll be back,
To join me in our embrace of bliss,
Bathed by the rains of joy and peace. 

Will you be back to hold my hand,
From the distant shores of your distant land?
Will you form back from my dreams lost,
In my reality, to have our ways crossed?

I know not, fair daughter of skies high,
Goddess of my heart, I bid you goodbye,
Till the day we shall meet again,
Splashed by the showers of first monsoon rain

- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:

Post a Comment