Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Starlight

Starlight

 
A calm, cold, silent night it was,
When I felt my body splashed with
The cleansing, purifying showers
Rained on me, from some unseen cloud.
 
As eerie winds went past me,
Entering my shirt  caressing along my body
With its cold, frigid fingers
I shivered, trembling like a lost child.

A child that had lost his way home,
A child who didn't find even a spark of light to guide him,
Nor did a helpful voice, a friendly hand
Come to my soul, to point me to the track.

Helplessly, I stared above,
To the dark clouds that loomed past me,
I stared, and stared and stared,
And slowly my eyes adjusted to the light.

A mysterious light, coming from a thousand gems,
Pointy lights of the stars above dark clouds,
And slowly they revealed themselves,
As the clouds were hovered away by the wind.

Bathed in a faint but effusive light,
A light of awakening hope, a light of joy,
A light of reassurance, a light of peace,
I found my long lost way, to my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment