Thursday, 17 December 2015

Home


Home


Here lies my place of work, 
And here lies my dream, 
Here is where I first witness 
The morning sun's foremost beam. 



Here is where I dwell and live, 
And of here my mind sings, 
For of all places this is mine, 
In the grand scheme of things. 



Here is where I soundly sleep, 
And here is where I play, 
For where else shall I move to, 
To escape rainy skies gray? 



Walls behind me, walls in front, 
Don't confine my soul anymore, 
For this is the temple of my world, 
This is the place my tunes adore! 



Even when I stay, away to the east, 
Far to the north, the south or west, 
This is where my dreams take me, 
Through densest thickets, to my nest. 



Here is where my dreams have birth, 
And here is where I shade myself from 
Weary, wailing winds of wintry nights, 
Cold showers, and the fiercest storm. 




 Underneath the aura of sun and stars, 
Beneath the extent of the cloudy dome, 
This is what makes me what I am, 
For this is my life, my beloved home! 

- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:

Post a Comment