Thursday, 17 December 2015

The song of all songs


The song of all songs


There! I hear them, the magical tunes of joy, 
Mingled with the flow of Himalayan streams,
Latent within the essence of the crimson rose,
Absorbed deep into moon's soothing, milky beams.

Hear them, as they echo with birds' first chirps, 
And flow into the heart of the ocean's deep,
They rattle, with the rattling of fallen, yellow leaves,
And accompany my soul in the peace of sleep.

From somewhere beyond the sunset sea, 
Beyond the farthest isles of the Lonely Light,
They glide and flow and come and blow,
Into the dreamy silence of the starlit night.

When perilous waves rise to the height of the sky, 
Storms surround the lonely fisherman's sail,
The same song of hope rhythms with the sea,
That conquers death and winds' weary wail.

 There! I hear them within my weary heart, 
O! I hear them everywhere as I go along,
In morn's first dew, in the splashing of rain,
In tune of storms and nature's windy song. 

- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:

Post a Comment