After it rained...
I wonder, why did I wander amid the fields,
Bathed by the crystal tears of a cloudy sky,
When you did not keep the promise you made...
Only perhaps my last, lost feelings to wry?
When the winds arose beyond the horizon,
When the rains came and splashed off the dirt
From the dusty roads and fields and trees alike,
Why didn't you listen to the prayers of my heart?
What were all those about, words of undying love,
When all but ended with a single drop of tear?
Silenced by the devouring silence all around me,
I throw my gaze to wander far and near.
As winds rise once again, beyond the western hills,
I look around myself, only loneliness to seek,
My sole company, to comfort my mind and soul,
To express words in silence, that I cannot speak.
- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:
Post a Comment