Thursday, 17 December 2015

The weeping soul

The weeping soul



Is there no one? None to hear my screams? 
None to witness the shattering of my dreams? 
None yet to hold steady, right me as I fall, 
Like a yellow leaf, like a tattered, old doll? 



Has winter come so early to greet me? 
Or has pain changed the way I see 
Everything around, across the world whole? 
Asks again and again, my weeping soul... 



Yet it seems that only I hear myself, 
For my wails bring me not a bit of help, 
Am I alone, alone in this dark, silent sea, 
Trying in vain, my bound soul to free? 




 Shall I drown, to the depths below, 
For a painful moment, in a descent slow? 
As darkness envelops, and engulfs me, 
For one last time, I hear the echo of my plea. 

- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:

Post a Comment