Self
I am the awakened awareness prior to thought,
I am the primary self, the seeker unsought,
I am the silent speaker, the teacher untaught,
I am the existence itself, and yet I am not.
I am the primary self, the seeker unsought,
I am the silent speaker, the teacher untaught,
I am the existence itself, and yet I am not.
I am the singer and his unsung hymn,
Ancient wisdom's radiant, evergreen beam,
I am the dormant dreamer and his dream,
The afternoon horizon's effusive gleam.
Ancient wisdom's radiant, evergreen beam,
I am the dormant dreamer and his dream,
The afternoon horizon's effusive gleam.
I dwell in the essence of everything I see,
And yet I remain beyond sorrow and glee.
I inhabit the bodies of each animal and tree,
And yet to the knower, they are not me.
And yet I remain beyond sorrow and glee.
I inhabit the bodies of each animal and tree,
And yet to the knower, they are not me.
I am the time, its incessant tide and flow,
The aura of the spirit, and its inner glow.
I don't seek knowledge, yet everything I know,
For I am the reality above, beyond and below.
The aura of the spirit, and its inner glow.
I don't seek knowledge, yet everything I know,
For I am the reality above, beyond and below.
I welcome alike, vales, hills, streams and glade,
The brilliance of sunlight or coolness of a shade.
Everything is spoken, but I alone remain unsaid,
For I am beyond words, the eternal maker unmade.
- Anirban Chatterjee
No comments:
Post a Comment