Thursday, 17 December 2015

Deep into the woods


Deep into the woods



I followed you gleefully, through life's puzzling maze, 
That took me into the woods, at the end of days, 
This solitary path that promised respite from pain,
Where nothing is to be lost, nothing to gain. 



Wait! Why? Why do you hide from me?
Alone, I fear every shadow that I see,
All around me, I see not a wisp of hope, 
Seeing a snake in every tangle and rope. 



Wait! Where did you go, away from my sight?
Why leave me alone in woods devoid of light?
Don't go, I plead you, appear from my dreams,
Into this misty forest, rained by moon-beams



Where are you? Don't leave me alone, 
Into the heart of these woods forlorn, 
Sad lights of gloom and shadows corner me, 
Far away from the path of my destiny. 



I chased you, like a child chases a bird, 
Along lonely paths, unseen and unheard, 
Were you a dream, no reality and lie, 
To decoy me into woods, and leave to die? 



Leave me not here, not now like this
In this shadowy realm, this dark abyss, 
Don't vanish away from my weak gaze, 
At the end, as I lose my track in haze.

- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:

Post a Comment