Thursday, 17 December 2015

Waiting for love


Waiting for love...



Away somewhere, in the depth of earth,
Or in the frostiest dungeon of my saddened heart,
I feel the fading cry of the days I lost
Wandering amid the haunted woods and frost



Alone, with a single companion not
To hold my hand, to share my thought,
Alone, friendless, exiled from the warmth of love
I sigh and wander, with a silent sky above...



None came to greet me with a smiling face,
To elevate me from this void, with her embrace,
None did I find, amid the deserted patch
Between woods of life, my soul's perfect match...



Will she not come, to free me from gloom?
To make the flowers of my garden bloom?
To free me from the chains that stole,
Light and life, from my weary soul?



I wait, and wander along the way,
For her arrival, till the end of the day,
And for endless nights to follow,
My soul still lit by hope's undying glow...

- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:

Post a Comment