I am resident of India, the largest country in south-Asia and the most populous democracy in the world. And I am surprised to find myself saying in a beautiful, sunny day like this, that I am at times depressed, even horrified to stay a citizen here.
I am the son of a high-posted government employee, and as such, I had had access to relatively high levels of the Indian society. I am forever grateful to the Indian government for having given us food, shelter, a protective custody and further, a stand in this hard-to-live-in society. My father, like those of many others, have been transferred repeatedly, again and again, and the government departments responsible for them do not even think of thinking about the future of the children of such employees. We have merely joined the government machinery to sustain ourselves, this isn't a devil's contact that we've been tricked into selling our soul into, at least to my best knowledge at this moment.I understand that the government has its responsibilities, it needs to sustain and nourish the nation, it's like the soul and body of the nation itself. As such, all those who constitute the government should be ever active, and ready to work hard to bring a better tomorrow for all of us living under this large canopy known as 'India'. But is this life? I had to change many, many schools, and I rarely received good treatment from the beginning everywhere. Furthermore, to add to my grief, I have always been a secluded kind of person, sharing my pains and pleasures with my family, my parents mostly.
Now again, my father has been transferred. I am alone here, without the warmth of his company. When a government department in India transfers an employee, it should at least consider certain formalities in the entire transferring mechanism. At any time of the year, depending apparently on the mood of the 'big guys; sitting upstairs, we need to buckle up and fight emotions and tears while packing to leave our temporary home, the place we've learnt to call 'home' for the last few days, months or years.
This is a big disadvantage, a big problem which needs solution. If the government doesn't even want to consider the future of the children of the employees who spend days and months, years and decades, to bring a better tomorrow for the nation, on behalf of the hard-working people living in harmony in the nation, why should we, the children of the government employees have any respect for the government? I am a teenager, and as such, these words I write are based on no political propaganda, but simply a request, a humble prayer to that divine singularity, the divine equity of the universe we call 'God', which I believe is but another form of the harmony and good-will between all people.I can not concentrate on my studies well because of such events. This is almost the tenth time my father has been transferred within a total span of 15 years. This is serious.
India needs better governance, better management and better education per person. Reservation quota for the lower classes, most of whom today are well-do-to children of gentlemen going to air-conditioned schools, studying nothing and wasting their time imagining a better tomorrow for them only, this makes my heart burn at times.
So many problems, so few solutions. Is this what civilization should be? We know we're a developing nation, to be honest and frank and truthful, still, sadly, a third-world country. But this doesn't mean we aren't humans. We have every right to be protected against such mismanagement.
No comments:
Post a Comment