Saturday, 19 December 2015

Paranormality: why we see what isn't there?

Professor Wiseman

This book, as the title says, is about the paranormal. I enjoyed reading it very much, relative to my standpoint. The pages mainly deal with the explanations to a varying range of so-called and assumed 'Paranormal' or 'Supernatural' phenomenon, mainly dealing with interesting topics like:

  • Astral travel and out of body experience
  • Ghost sightings
  • Fortune telling
  • Paranormal photos
  • Supernatural creatures, famously featuring a talking mongoose Gef, from the Isle of man
And especially what I liked most about the book is that, it gives you short exercises with which you can pretend to have spiritual powers and impress your friends. 

The message that the book conveys is that, most phenomenon which may appear to be supernatural or concerned with something beyond the common understand of human beings like you and me, can often be just misleading forms of common situations. 

The language is especially funny, and certainly there's a lot to learn from the book, I must say. It is to be known that I am not in any mindset to advertise the book, but getting it a shot won't make you unhappy. 

About the author: The author, Professor Richard Wiseman, is a talented and celebrated psychologist from the United Kingdom, and currently holds the position of Professor of Public Understanding of Psychology. 


No comments:

Post a Comment