Loneliness...
Alone I wander under a blue, cloudless sky,
And drink in the sun's bright, luminous light,
Alike I drink in moon's cool, silvery glow,
And glitter of stars in the starlit night.
Even my shadow leaves me in lightless dark,
Companion, mate, whom shall then I make?
Who shall stay by my side in sickness and health,
From slumber of loneliness, me who shall wake?
My dreams take me higher than the stars,
Deeper than the waters of the deep sea,
Further than the reach of the polar winds,
On the other shore of each mystery.
Yet it lives on, the loneliness in my heart,
Making my thoughts seem older than they are,
Say, will no one come and free my soul,
From somewhere near, or somewhere afar?
I wait, tireless and wordlessly I wait,
Too tired to even wake up from my dreams,
I wait, immersed alike in the light of the sun,
In starlight, and in moon's snowy beams.
- Anirban Chatterjee
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment