Monday, 18 April 2016
Speed up Ubuntu with two simple commands
Like others, I always look forward to speeding up Ubuntu, which is not only a good exercise but is a good reward when successful. I use an old 512 MB laptop which is really slow in terms of the modern standards. But thanks to two daemons, I have now a nicely fast Linux. These two are 1. Preload 2. readahead. To install them, use "sudo aptitude install preload readahead", and within a few minutes, you'll notice the increase in speed. Preload simply caches the programs once they are run, and when they are run for the second time, they start faster. Readahead caches contents of folders and speeds up loading and opening folders and files, as the computer reads the disk memory, and not the folders. Hope these two will aid you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment