Sunday, 17 April 2016

Song of the Soul

Song of the soul



I dwell beyond the reach of the earthly body,
And even beyond the unseen breadth of mind.
I dwell beyond the limit of vision and thoughts,
And how will me then, the worldly words find?

I am the meditative light that remains within
The poorest of beggars and the richest of kings,
For I alone perceive the world as it stands
Dwelling as, within and beyond all beings. 
 
I am the source emanating mercy's hallowed glow,
And I am the ocean of kindness, compassion, love,
I am the tune of peace, serenity's sacred song,
And I am the light within, and the light above.

I alone remain the seer unseen, and feeler unfelt,
The listener unheard and the thinker unthought,
I am the unspoken word, beholder of light and dark,
The self-luminous reality, and the seeker unsought!

I am honour, sturdier than the sturdiest shield,
I am courage, sharper than the sharpest sword,
I am wisdom, brighter than the brightest star,
And I am the unseen divinity, forever adored.

- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:

Post a Comment