West Bengal, my beloved home state
Hello to everyone. I am Anirban Chatterjee, a resident of West Bengal, one of the many states of India. West Bengal is located in the eastern side of Indo-Gangetic plains, and is home to a variety of different tourist attractions, ranging from the chilly hills of Darjeeling and further north to the mangrove forests of the damp Sundarbans of the south. Bordered by the Himalayas in the north and the Bay of Bengal in the south, by Bihar and Jharkhand in the west and Bangladesh in the east, West Bengal is indeed a place to be discovered through the inner eye.
A state enriched with the beauty of Tagore's verses and eye-cooling beauty of sun-dried, rain-showered lands, West Bengal is indeed a great place to be. Like many other places, it has a culture of its own, which is again the resultant of many subcultures. The great diversity, and yet the latent unity within, never ceases to amaze me.
In this blog, I plan to use my humble abilities to their fullest extent in presenting to the readers an authentic description of the beauty of Bengal, its various places, some famous and some simply lacking any sort of fame. Since I am not much of a traveller in the true sense of the term, and yet have found myself at different corners of Bengal, thanks to my father's transfers, I don't believe I will be able to report formally. But then, informality has its own subtle beauty. Like the fading song of some distant, wild bird, sometimes wild writing indeed can produce a good effect on the readers. ;)
![]() |
| The star of south Bengal, the Royal Bengal tiger |
Now some ramblings about travelling and its benefits. :)
![]() |
| Mangrove forests all around, the beauty of Sundarbans |
We all know the benefits of travelling... it broadens your vision, opens your mind to new ideas and knowledge, enriches you with sweet memories and experience, and bla bla bla... But in my opinion, even reading about new places can help broaden our vision. With the rise of internet, we can nowadays enjoy sitting in a cozy corner of our room, with a cup of steaming coffee and still enjoy glimpses of different places, from allover the world. This is indeed the beauty of technology.
I plan to write some articles about the various places of Bengal. Although I don't have original pictures taken myself in most cases (since I bought a good quality camera only a few days ago), I will try to paint verbal pictures of the places, of course with the aid of internet which I plan to use to grab a few cool images of those areas. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment