Wednesday, 25 November 2015

Peace

Peace


Through the calm silence, I walked, walked and walked, 
Along the solitary way, in search of what I could not find 
At home, at the temple, even at the altar of the God I loved, 
Had only I known, that what I sought was right in my mind... 

And  I walked like the spellbound spirit, along the same way, 
With Silence welcoming me with her twin, stretched arms. 
I met many a frozen tree, many a lonely, sleepless bird, 
Along my joyless way, along rivers, woods, vales and farms. 

If only! If only I had known that what I sought dwelt within me! 
If only I had not wasted many a day searching for the gem 
That remained within, and that could never be found without, 
Alas! Like fallen leaves, those days had wilted all the same... 

Now that I stand, right at the doorway to the valley of peace, 
I take a moment to pause, and reflect upon those days gone.  
Happy that I've finally reached my goal, sad it is too late now, 
I stand in silence, welcoming the rainbow light of my inner Sun. 

- Anirban Chatterjee

No comments:

Post a Comment